Your 5-7 page executive summary is due on Tuesday, April 3, by 11:59 p.m. This is your official submission to the competition. PDF is the preferred format and please name the document your company name.
• UW teams: submit your 5-7 page executive summary to this dropbox (UWNetID required). Dropbox will open on 3/30.
• All other teams: submit your 5-7 page executive summary via email to email@example.com.
Be sure to review the judging criteria. This is the exact criteria that the judges will use to evaluate your executive summary.
Top Reasons to Enter the 2012 UW Business Plan Competition!
• Make serious headway on that great idea you’ve been tossing around for months (or years!). In seven weeks you’ll refine everything from your executive summary and quick pitch to your full business plan and investor pitch.
• Gain visibility from the community–nearly 450 members of the Seattle entrepreneurial and investment community are involved in judging and coaching our competition.
• Build your network. Think about who can help you move forward. The judges are all from the wider Northwest entrepreneurial ecosystem.
• Get feedback. All submissions to the competition will be read by 8 to 10 judges, and every team will receive feedback, which will be aggregated and returned via email.
• Receive skilled coaching and mentoring from judges to prepare you for the competition (and beyond).
• Win money to jump start your company! The Grand Prize is $25,000, with a total of $140,000 awarded to student teams each year to fund their companies.
• Apply for additional funding and coaching after the competition through the Herbert B. Jones Milestone Achievement Awards. Teams that make it to the Sweet 16 are eligible to apply for an additional $10,000 – 25,000 in seed funding. Teams also receive monthly coaching and mentorship as part of the program.