BPC Early Registration Deadline: If you're thinking of entering the UW Business Plan Competition, please complete the online Intent to Submit form by Monday, March 12, at 5:00 p.m. This will ensure that you receive all the up-to-date information about the 2012 BPC!
Completing this form tells us important information about your team and idea, and helps us better plan for the event. (Please note: the Intent to Submit is just basic information, not your executive summary.) While it is optional to complete the form before March 12, you must submit it no later than April 2, in order to enter the competition. Form will be available in mid-February.
Top Reasons to Enter the 2012 UW Business Plan Competition!
• Make serious headway on that great idea you’ve been tossing around for months (or years!). In seven weeks you’ll refine everything from your executive summary and quick pitch to your full business plan and investor pitch.
• Gain visibility from the community–nearly 450 members of the Seattle entrepreneurial and investment community are involved in judging and coaching our competition.
• Build your network. Think about who can help you move forward. The judges are all from the wider Northwest entrepreneurial ecosystem.
• Get feedback. All submissions to the competition will be read by 8 to 10 judges, and every team will receive feedback, which will be aggregated and returned via email.
• Receive skilled coaching and mentoring from judges to prepare you for the competition (and beyond).
• Win money to jump start your company! The Grand Prize is $25,000, with a total of $140,000 awarded to student teams each year to fund their companies.
• Apply for additional funding and coaching after the competition through the Herbert B. Jones Milestone Achievement Awards. Teams that make it to the Sweet 16 are eligible to apply for an additional $10,000 – 25,000 in seed funding. Teams also receive monthly coaching and mentorship as part of the program.