Watch the video above to hear from program participants, including Cupcake Royale founder Jody Hall, Washington Research Foundation CEO Ron Howell and more leaders in health care, retail, tourism and other industries.
Executive Development Program
The Executive Development Program (formerly The Management Program) at the Michael G. Foster School of Business explores each facet of business enterprise from an executive’s top-level view. Taught by the University of Washington’s nationally ranked Foster School of Business faculty, the Executive Development Program (EDP) examines fundamental management topics in a nine-month format that focuses on practical business applications.
Refresh and expand your business acumen without missing a step on the job. If you have an average of ten to fifteen years of professional experience and you want to become a more effective leader, strategic thinker and problem-solver, take a closer look at the Executive Development Program. It provides a progressive, entrepreneurial learning community where you can access advanced business education without a significant burden on your work, travel and family schedules.
Created for busy senior managers, executives, and other professionals, the Executive Development Program, is a nine-month, part-time certificate program. The program covers essential business subjects, including finance, accounting, economics, marketing, international business, operations, leadership and strategy.
STUDY AT A NATIONALLY RANKED BUSINESS SCHOOL
Learn from the Michael G. Foster School of Business's MBA faculty.
- For 2013, U.S. News & World Report ranked Foster's Full-time MBA Program 14th among public schools and 35th among all business schools.
- For 2012, The Economist ranked the Full-time MBA Program 7th among US public schools and 34th in the world.
- For a full list of the Foster School rankings, click here.
BECOME A MORE EFFECTIVE LEADER
Learn new tools and techniques that address your company’s current challenges and expand your management abilities. Examine the relationships between business functions from marketing to finance, information systems to supply chain management. The Executive Development Program curriculum emphasizes strategic planning and the impacts of macroeconomics, globalization and culture on business.
FIT YOUR STUDY INTO THE WORK WEEK
Classes meet weekly on Monday evenings (4:30 – 9 p.m.) for nine months (September – May). Parking, meals, books and materials are provided so you can make the most of your time on campus. Enhance class sessions with online resources – you can download course materials and log onto student discussion groups between Monday classes.
DEVELOP A NETWORK OF EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS
Exchange best practices with a diverse group of managers, executives and other professionals from a broad range of industries. Gain confidence in your decision-making abilities by discussing challenges and solutions with knowledgeable peers. Expand your network of business contacts.
WHAT WILL YOU BE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH IN EDP?
- Apply new knowledge each week, increasing your effectiveness at work while you learn
- Share valuable insights and best practices with colleagues as you develop solutions drawn from the experience of the group
- Build an enduring network of professional contacts
- Study cutting-edge business strategies and processes from expert MBA faculty members, with minimal impact on your work, travel and family life