MBA Career Services provides:
Networking Opportunities – Evening MBAs are welcome to attend all networking events held to introduce firms and alumni to students which include Meet the Firms, Fireside Chats and Spring and Fall Forums.
Road Shows and Treks (career oriented trips to other cities in the U.S.) – Please note that we cannot contribute any resources to these trips if your employer is paying any of your tuition.
The Mentor Program – The timing of your participation in the Mentor Program mirrors the timing for full time students. First years are eligible for the Mentor Program for first years and second year students are eligible to participate in the Mentor Program for second year students.
Job Search/On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) is available to third year Evening students.* Those who wish to participate in MBA OCR should schedule an appointment to talk with a MBA Career Services coach to determine whether pursuit of these positions aligns with their career goals.
If you decide to participate in on-campus recruiting a high level of preparation is expected. The following requirements must be met prior to participation in on-campus recruiting and includes approval by an MBA Career Services Coach:
- Access a Catalyst Survey to initiate the process and track your progress on the each step of the approval process. The catalyst survey link can be found at: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/bcc/163322
- Create a one page resume in the Foster MBA Resume Template, approved by a Career Coach. Access the Foster MBA template (scroll down to FOSTER MBA RESUME TEMPLATE).
- Successful completion of a mock interview with a Career Coach.
- Attend at least four of the workshops listed below:
- Upgrade your Resume
- Elevator Pitches/Positioning Statements
- Leveraging MBA Career Services / MBA Recruiting
- Strategic Interviewing
- Case Interviewing (required)
- Cover Letters
- Job Search Strategies/Linkedin
- When you have completed the requirements and the catalyst survey, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
Completing the above steps will increase your success in this very competitive arena and ensure hiring companies a positive experience with recruiting Foster MBAs. Please attend a “Leveraging MBA Career Services / MBA Recruiting” workshop (refer to current quarter’s workshop schedule) or see an MBA Career Services coach to discuss your unique circumstances.
*Early access to Foster Jobs Recruiting (OCR) can be requested during the second year of the evening MBA program for on-campus internship recruiting. All preparation requirements are the same as listed above. Please consult MBA Career Services on timing and eligibility.
All policies subject to change. Please check with MBA Career Services for updated and current policies. You may contact the MBA Career Services office at 206.685.2410 or email@example.com.