Full-Time Employment Statistics
Internship Employment Statistics
Hiring Firms 2012-2013
Interpreting Employment Data
Employment data for the UW Foster School of Business full-time MBA Program is compiled from responses of graduates who share their employment information with MBA Career Services.
We strongly urge this data be used judiciously. The median and ranges reported should be interpreted as only one source of information when making a decision regarding the appropriateness of an offer. Market conditions strongly influence salary levels as well as the number of offers extended by an organization. The amount of a salary offer tends to be influenced by a number of factors:
- Functional category of the work
- Location of the job opportunity
- Type of industry and specific company policies
- Length and relevance of prior work experience in the same functional or industry area
- Length and scope of responsibility of professional work experience in business
- Personal attributes deemed highly correlated to success in the role
Therefore, it would not be prudent to assume that all graduates will command similar compensation by virtue of their MBA degree. All the above factors need to be considered when making comparisons.
All placement statistics are reported pursuant to standards established by the MBA Career Services Council (CSC). The CSC standards were developed to promote a consistent approach to data reporting methodology among MBA program and to acknowledge realities of MBA placement, including the fact not all MBA students choose to pursue employment after completing an MBA program. These standards can be viewed at http://www.mbacsc.org/Standards.asp.