Study Abroad Photo Contest
Photo: 2008 Third Place, Eye of the Beholder
2011 Photo Contest Submissions
2010 Photo Contest Submissions
2009 Photo Contest Submissions
2008 Photo Contest Submissions
2007 Photo Contest Submissions
Photo Contest Guidelines
- Photos will be judged in two categories.
(1) Foster Abroad: A photo that inspires others to study abroad and includes you or other Foster students. This photo makes a statement about your experience abroad.
(2) My Global Lens: A photo that displays views uniquely accessible to students living abroad – social issues, cultural interactions, city scapes, landscapes, etc.
- Up to one entry per student in each category.
- Student must be a currently enrolled (Fall 2012) Foster Business Student. The contest is open to both undergraduate and MBA students.
- Undergraduates: Picture must be from a study abroad / international internship program that took place between Fall 2011 – Summer 2012. Photos from 2012 Exploration Seminars will be accepted.
- MBAs: Picture must be from an exchange or study tour that took place between Fall 2011 – Fall 2012.
- Must be an original photo taken by the student or an original photo with the submitting student in the photo. It may not be edited using any software. We would like real pictures, please!
- Must be an electronic submission. Photos need to be at least 1 MB in size.
- Pictures will be judged by a committee of Foster School faculty and staff for the 1st and 2nd place prizes.
- Pictures for the Peoples Choice Award will be judged by "likes" on Facebook.
- You automatically agree to the release of information and permission for reprint.
- Closing date for submissions: October 26, 2012.
- Facebook voting deadline: November 5, 2012 - midnight.
- Winners annoucement: November 13, 2012.
Prizes will be awarded for first place, second place, and People's Choice in each of the two categories.
First Places: $50 gift card to University Village or UW Book Store - your choice!
Second Places: $25 gift card to Starbucks
Peoples Choices: $15 gift card to Chipotle
How to Enter
Step 1: Please submit your photograph to email@example.com as a JPEG file. Name your file in the following manner:
Last Name_Country of Photo_Category.jpg.
Category will either be FA or MGL.
Step 2: Complete the online submission form with the supporting information:
- Your Name
- Student ID Number
- Title of Photo (Be creative!)
- Caption (Be even more creative!! 1- 2 sentences)
- Your Foreign Institution or program
- Where the photo was actually taken
- Quarter/semester of exchange
- Short description about your experience
Only students who have completed Step 1 and Step 2 will be accepted.