Senior Lecturer Emeritus in Information SystemsMaster of Arts in Business Administration, University of Washington, 1971
MSDN Academic Alliance Administrator
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (cum laude), University of Washington, 1970SpecialtiesObject-oriented systems, application programming, application of information technology to improve business efficiency and effectiveness.Positions HeldMSDN Academic Alliance Administrator, current
At the University of Washington since 1982
UW computer services manager (1974-82)
UW systems analyst (1971-74)Honors and Awards
MSIS Class of 2005 Excellence in Teaching Award
MSIS Class of 2004 Excellence in Teaching Award
MBA Professor of the Year
MBA Professor of the Quarter
Undergraduate Professor of the Year
Undergardaute Excellence in Teaching Award
Selected Consulting Experience
- Learning Programming using Microsoft Visual Basic.NET, 4th Edition, Burrows and Langford, Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- EMBA Math Workshop, Burrows, self-published on the Internet, 1998.
- A Guide to Data Modeling, 5th Edition, Burrows, self-published, 1999.
- Using Microsoft Excel, 4th Edition, Burrows, self-published, 1998. Using Microsoft Access, 4th Edition, Burrows and Lou, self-published, 1997.
- Pacific Coast Banking School, technology advisor.
- Brilligwar.com, Internet startup.
- Information Systems (IS 200)
- Introduction to Information Systems (IS 300)
- Fundamentals of Application Programming (IS 320)
- Object-Oriented Systems (IS 423)
- Computer-Based Information Systems (IS 504)
- MBA Core Information Systems (BA 501)
- Data and File Structures (IS 520)
- Information Systems Development (IS 560)
- Applications Programming (IS 579 Special Topics)
- Developing Web Applications (IS 579 Special Topics)
- Fundamentals of Information Systems Management (MSIS 501)