Since completing the Jones + Foster Accelerator in February 2013, Strideline has sold through its initial release and developed a growing national sales network (7 cities and counting). Strideline socks have been worn by the likes of Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch and rapper Snoop Dogg.
Jones + Foster Accelerator Program
The start-up process is messy and unpredictable: licensing intellectual property, producing a manufacture-ready prototype, lining up customers, raising money - all critical and all daunting.
The Jones + Foster Accelerator program helps early-stage, student-led companies through those decisive first six months.
The Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship has $165,000 in funding for student start-ups coming out of the Business Plan Competition, the Environmental Innovation Challenge, or UW's entrepreneurship coursework.
Jones + Foster Accelerator companies receive:
- Mentoring from a committee of entrepreneurs and investors
- Guidance creating a list of measurable milestones
- Monthly meetings with an advisory board and monthly progress reports
- Connections to the Seattle entrepreneurial community
- Up to $25K in follow-on funding (if milestones are met)
- Workspace in the Herbold Innovation Lab in Dempsey Hall
If you're serious about starting your company, and willing to devote the time and energy needed to get your start-up off the ground, the Jones + Foster Accelerator may be for you!
To apply for the program you will submit the following:
- Program Application, plus a 30 - 60 second video to tell us why your company would benefit from the program. Post the video to YouTube; include the link in your application.
- 3 - 5 page Executive Summary for your company
- List of 7 - 10 milestones that your company plans to accomplish during the six-month program. Note: We will assist you with refining and completing your milestones before you begin the program.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2014 JONES + FOSTER ACCELERATOR PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED.
Questions? Contact Amy Sallin at email@example.com