Board Fellows Program
MBA & MPA Students
- Learn how to provide strategic leadership from the position of a board member
- Gain experience in using business skills to guide nonprofit success
- Connect with local business leaders who serve on boards
- Make a valuable contribution to the Seattle community and the economy nonprofit benefits
- Learn new perspectives on key organizational and operational issues
- Connect with resources and network within the UW Foster School of Business
- Participate in educating the next generation of business leaders who will serve the nonprofit community
Eligibility Criteria for MBAs and MPAs
- Student must be an MBA or MPA from the Seattle Campus
- Student must be in Seattle during the academic year 2013-2014
- Student must be present at the Matching Event to interview with nonprofits (May 10, 2013, 2:00-5:00 p.m.)
- Student must attend quarterly workshops (October 2013, January 2014, April 2014)
Eligibility Criteria for Nonprofit Organizations
- Nonprofit must have staff and a board of directors
- Nonprofit board of directors must have monthly meetings
- Nonprofit board of directors must have committees
- Nonprofit must identify a board mentor for the student Board Fellow
Nonprofits interested in this program should email Jen Bauermeister for more details.
View list of nonprofits and Board Fellows participating in the program (2012-2013).
The Board Fellows Program is made possible through the generous support of Wells Fargo and UPS.