Young Executives of Color (YEOC)
WHAT is YEOC?
Young Executives of Color is a nine-month college pipeline program that brings students from high schools throughout Washington State to the UW campus one Saturday every month for engaging and fun business sessions and opportunities. YEOC is a FREE program! Food and supplies are provided throughout each session. The only cost to students is transportation to and from the University of Washington-Seattle campus.
- Mentorship from a UW Foster School of Business undergraduate student
- College Preparation Workshops
- Leadership Development Activities
- Business Activities and Lectures
- Professional Development
- Guest speakers from the business community
- Preparation for college admissions & scholarships
- Learn about different business majors and careers
- Meet professionals from EY, Microsoft, Google, Nike, Amazon, etc.
- Get connected with a UW student mentor
- Build a supportive network amongst highly ambitious high school students and professionals sessions and opportunities
WHO can join?
Students eligible for the program include underrepresented sophomores, juniors and seniors from any high school within the state of Washington.
WHERE can YEOC take you?
YEOC’s reach extends outside the boundaries of Washington state as YEOC alumni are enrolled at numerous prestigious institutions such as the following, but not limited to the list below:
- Brown University
- George Washington University
- Howard University
- Stanford University
- Temple University Japan
- University of California Los Angeles
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Pennsylvania
HOW do I apply?
YEOC applications are currently closed; please check back in March 2015.
Admission into YEOC is determined by your application information, personal statement, short answer responses and activities journal. If you are interested in receiving additional information about the Young Executives of Color Program please contact Korrie Miller.
LEARN more about YEOC
YEOC Contact Information:
YEOC Program Manager
Undergraduate Diversity Services
UW Foster School of Business
202 Dempsey Hall, Box 353223
Seattle, WA 98195-3223
PROGRAM FUNDED BY