Undergraduate Business Scholarships
2014-2015 Academic Year
Scholarship Application is open. Visit the application site to apply.
Application Deadline: 11:59pm Tuesday April 15th.
Who Can Apply
• Current undergraduate Foster School students.
Incoming Freshman Direct Students have a separate application for scholarships. Please visit the Freshman Direct Scholarship page for more information.
• Current UW students who are applying to the Foster School.
• Transfer students who have applied to both the UW and the Foster School.
• International students who have been admitted to the Foster School.
• International students who have applied to both the UW and the Foster School.
• Freshman Direct students who are in their sophomore-senior years in the Foster School.
When to Apply
• Students wishing to apply for scholarships for the upcoming academic year
can submit their applications online.
• The deadline for 2014-2015 will be posted soon.
• Late applications will not be accepted.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
• Must be a full-time undergraduate student.
• Must average 12 credits per quarter over three quarters, for a total of 36 credits during
the awarding year.
• Accommodations can be made for a one-quarter internship as long as you will be
enrolled for three of the four quarters during the academic year.
• If you plan to study abroad, you must be concurrently enrolled at the UW to be eligible
Types of Awards
• Need: The majority of scholarships, ranging from $1,000 to $2,500, consider a
student's merit and financial need in determining eligibility for award. You must be
eligible for Financial Aid to be considered for these awards.
• EOP: There are a number of scholarships that take into consideration affiliation with
the UW Educational Opportunity Program. If you are not affiliated, contact the EOP
Counseling Center in Mary Gates Hall, Rm 133 or at 206.543.7132.
• Merit: There are limited scholarships that are awarded based on academic merit
with no requirement for financial need. In some cases international students who
have been admitted to the Foster School are eligible for these merit scholarships.
• To qualify for a need based scholarship you must file a Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA) with the Federal Student Aid Program.
• We recommend mailing the FAFSA by February 15, 2013, to receive timely
information for scholarship purposes.
• If you miss the February deadline, we still encourage you to submit a FAFSA, as
these are sometimes accepted past the deadline.
• Most scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate financial need.
For this reason, all students should consider applying for UW Financial Aid, even if
you do not think that you will be eligible. The scholarship committee uses the FAFSA
information to assist with selections even if it is determined that you are not eligible
for support by the UW Financial Aid Office.
Scholarships Are Awarded Yearly
Most scholarships are for one academic year. If you received a scholarship last year, you will need to apply again unless your scholarship letter indicated it was a renewable award. If you miss the deadline, you cannot apply again until the following academic year.
How to Submit Your Scholarship Application
The undergraduate scholarship application requires that you have a UW NetID to log in. If you do not have a NetID or are unsure what this is, please visit the following page:
When logging into the application please be sure to preface your NetID with 'netid\'. So in the log in dialog box you will type:
User name: netid\your netID
Password: your netID password
Transfer students who have applied to the UW and the Foster School of Business should receive notification of their netid by the first week of April from the UW Admissions Office.
Scholarship Application is open. Visit he application site to apply.
Application Deadline: 11:59pm Tuesday, April 15.
Download the SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION SHEET.
If you have questions, please contact:
202 Dempsey Hall