Find Internship Opportunities
At the UW, the HuskyJobs system is a great starting point for your search because it is the place where the largest number of internship opportunities can be found. But you will want to explore all options and cast a wide net while looking for the position that is the best fit for your objectives.
Resources for locating internship positions
• HuskyJobs: This is the primary UW system for locating internship opportunities. The system is maintained by
the UW Career Center, which also maintains a set of notebooks with additional opportunities.
• Foster email listserv (for admitted Foster students only): This weekly email digest includes position listings
and other useful internship information. To subscribe to this list, Foster students click here and send an
email asking to subscribe; include your UW email address and first and last name for verification purposes.
• Paper announcements: The internships bulletin board is in Mackenzie Hall, across from the main advising
office for business undergraduates.
• The Carlson Center: This center maintains a listserv for internships positions focused on public service and
the non-profit sector.
• Company websites: If you are interested in particular companies, check their websites directly. Many
companies post internships only on their own sites.
Your search should not be limited to only posted positions. You have a great deal of leeway for creating your own internship position.
Be prepared when you approach a company about creating your own internship and be ready to help the company understand the value that each of you would receive. A written proposal outlining your interests and hopes for the role is the best way to get started.