The Heart of the Executive MBA Program
Students and alumni often describe their Study Team as the most powerful aspect of their EMBA experience. Each EMBA student is assigned to a "Study Team" that works together for the entire 21-month program.
Very quickly, study teams learn to work together, learn from each other and share the EMBA experience. By the end of the program, many people refer to their study team as being like a “family.”
Composed of five or six people, Study Teams are thoughtfully developed by the EMBA Program's senior staff to represent a diverse mix of professional backgrounds, industries and areas of expertise.
How Study Teams enrich the Executive MBA Experience
- Simulate the dynamics of a real management team
- Expand leadership skills: teammates take turns facilitating Study Team meetings and leading projects
- Offer new perspectives from peers with different business expertise
- Create an opportunity to test new business solutions and best practices in your or other member's organizations
Why Study Teams support collaboration
- Divide responsibility and share research for projects
- Manage and negotiate workloads
- Develop camaraderie, creating life-long professional and personal relationships
- Take turns facilitating study sessions