1. Submit the Online application to the Graduate School, University of Washington, including application fee
Note: The University of Washington provides separate application for domestic and international applicants: You must select an international application if (1) you are not a citizen, permanent resident, or immigrant of the U.S.; (2) you will need a visa of any type to enter the U.S.
Deadline for completed and submitted applications: January 15
Since most of the Foster School of Business requirements have to be submitted online with the application to the Graduate School please see the accompanying basic information and instructions from the Graduate School.
International applicants should pay particular attention to the English language requirements. The Foster School of Business requires the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the Test of Spoken English (TSE) because teaching assistantships are an integral part of the School’s financial aid package. The new TOEFL iBT with a speaking section can be taken in lieu of the TSE. Exemptions are indicated under the Application Process section. Note that the University does not accept scores on these tests that are more than two years old (from the test date).
2. Mail the following to Michael G. Foster School of Business:
- Resume or Vitae (if not submitted online)
- Statement of Purpose (if not submitted online)
- Unopened official transcripts and degree statements
- Recommendations (if notified by applicant to send by postal mail*)
- GMAT or GRE scores. Request that GMAC or ETS send the scores
(UW GMAT code 459-75-53 and UW GRE code 4854)
- TSE or VERSANT** Spoken English test (replacing SPEAK) scores for applicants whose native language is not English. Request that ETS send the TSE score (UW code 4854). The new TOEFL iBT with a speaking section can be taken in lieu of the TSE
MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS:
Michael G. Foster School of Business
University of Washington
302 Mackenzie Hall
Mail Stop 353200
Seattle, WA 98195-3200
*You may request recommenders send us the recommendation by postal mail; print the recommendation form, complete, and mail to Foster School of Business.
**VERSANT Spoken English Test (replacing SPEAK) is administered by the University of Washington.